The 10th Annual Seashore Gardens 5K/7K Run & Health Walk will bring out supporters of all ages who wish to make a difference in the lives of families battling Alzheimer’s and/or dementia. Though costumes are not required, participants are welcome to harness their inner super powers to combat Alzheimer’s and dementia, and dress accordingly.
- The race starts in front of the Tropicana on the Boardwalk. The run is at 9 am and the health walk starts immediately after.
- Free parking is offered from 7 am to 12 noon at the Tropicana Havana Tower parking garage.
- The 5K and 7K will be run on a certified course with timing provided by AKSTS and JB Sports Timing. The Health Walk is a non-timed version of the same routes. All routes will start and end at Tropicana Casino & Resort, a sponsor of the event.
- Refreshments will be provided following the race.
- All pre-registered participants will receive a t-shirt.
Prizes for Finishers & Costumes
There will be medals for overall winners and for the top three male and female winners in their age group (overall winners excluded). Age groups include 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 30-34, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, and 80+. There also will be awards for Wheelchair participants, Tortoise Award, Top Fundraising Team and Largest Team, Best Individual Costume, Children’s Costume and Family Group Costumes. Wheelchair participants are welcome.